Dear NCMC Families,
Congratulations on making it through an unprecedented year of uncertainty. Spring is finally here, adding birdsong to the music in our classrooms. In-person and online lessons continue at 56 Centre Street and we are optimistic about bringing ensembles back this fall.
As always, the health and safety of our students, faculty, staff, and their families are our highest priority. We have been vigilantly following developments related to COVID-19, closely monitoring notices from the Nantucket Health Department and other state and local agencies to stay informed of new guidelines as they become available.
The building at 56 Centre Street is cleaned daily with special attention to areas that are frequently touched, such as doorknobs and handrails. Masks are required in the building and six-foot distancing is maintained whenever possible. Pianos will be cleaned with sanitizing wipes or sanitizing spray after each student.
With those guidelines in mind, below are some of the procedures we have implemented.
• The building at 56 Centre Street is cleaned daily with special attention to high-touch areas, such as doorknobs and handrails. Pianos are cleaned with sanitizing wipes or sanitizing spray after each individual use.
• Masks are required in the building and six-foot distancing is maintained whenever possible.
• Handwashing stations and hand sanitizer are available throughout the building. All visitors are asked to wash their hands upon entering the NCMC.
• Students must sign into the facility log, which also serves as a health screening form, each day they visit. Anyone who has experienced any of the symptoms of Covid-19 in the past 14 days, including cough or fever over 100.4, should not enter the building.
• Parents may wait for their students in the NCMC library or on the back porch. Please note that the outdoor seating area is not cleaned with the regularity of the building’s interior.
Our students have demonstrated exceptional perseverance during these difficult months. Music is an effective means of combating anxiety and stress. As always, the faculty, staff, and Board of the NCMC aim to provide outstanding musical education and programs in a safe and healthy environment.
I look forward to having music fill our halls once again!
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to call our office at 508-228-3352 or email me at email@example.com.
Director of Operations
For More Information about COVID-19 in Massachusetts and Nantucket, please visit the following links: